commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Fabio Cuomo" <mu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Please Help me !! listFiles() return null
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:33:57 GMT
Sorry i forget somethink of important.....
Hi at all....
I'm developing an application that support file transfer using ftp ....
particularly it is possible to send and receive file more list all
information files or directory. To do this i use listFiles() method of class
FTPClass, as follow:

    FTPClient ftp = new FTPClient();
    ftp.connect(host);
    ftp.login(dbuser, pwd);
    FTPFile[] filelist = ftp.listFiles();
    for (int i = 0; i < filelist.length; ++i)
        System.out.println(filelist[i]);
    ftp.disconnect();

... but on FTPFile[] filelist = ftp.listFiles();
i get a null pointer...java.lang.NullPointerException...listFiles() return
null pointer while if i use
ftp.listNames() i get right result, but it is not most significant because i
got a array of String that doesn't contain much information.

Please, can somebody tell me if this is a recognized bug or if i wrong in
something ?? Please help me i'm in trouble..Any kind of help is granted.

Thanx in advance.
regards mulp