commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] basic JAXB/jaxme tag library
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:38:19 GMT

On 9-Mar-04, at 20:55 Uhr, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On 9 Mar 2004, at 08:43, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
>
>> OK, so that doesn't solve the distribution of namespace.jar then
>> which is one or two interfaces just like was jaxp.jar... or do I
>> misunderstand ?
>
> these ship as part of the jaxmeapi. (again, these classes are clean
> room implementations from the relevant specifications.) so it's just
> one jar :)

OK, I've finally downloaded and everything.

Well, there seems to be the same magic between jaxbapi and xml-apis...
namely, Apache licensed javax packages... I have no real problem with
this but I remember explicitly reading just about everywhere in JDK
licenses that I was not allowed to write things in packages java or
javax...

So Apache foundation maybe never did download JDK so does it for me and
everyone is happy (I am, with such a license!), correct ?

paul