commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Proposal for the Commons Sandbox
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 13:43:07 GMT

Hi,
>However, this approach would introduce some dependencies on non-Lang
>components (IO, Collections, etc) into Lang (the Functor dependency is
>quite trivial and easily removed, but the others are used heavily).  I
>don't know if this is an issue or not.

It's definitely an issue: AFAIK we don't want lang to depend on those.
What's in IO/Collections that you can't do without for Jestr?

>Also, there is the dependency on the properties file for configuration,
>which is an unfortunate hack that I hope to replace with Commons
>Configuration.  Thus there would be a dependency from Lang to
>Configuration.  Again, I don't know if that's an issue or not.  Is
there
>any precedent for a Configuration dependency of this sort?

There's no precedence for a Configuration dependency of any sort since
there's never been a Configuration release.  And if we keep adding
features prior to the 1.0 RC, there won't be a Configuration release for
a while probably ;)  (I'm not saying that as a bad thing, just a matter
of fact).

Yoav Shapira