commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Proposal for the Commons Sandbox
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:17:45 GMT

Hi,

>Good point, and that occurred to me as well.  However I think Jestr is
>little different from the ToStringBuilder stuff because it isn't
>necessarily concerned with helping you implement toString() methods;
>instead, it's more concerned with helping you log *arbitrary* objects,
even
>if you don't have access to their source code to change their
toString()
>methods.

What I'd like is an implementation of log4j's ObjectRenderer
(org.apache.log4j.or.ObjectRenderer) that uses reflection like
commons-lang reflectionToStringBuilfer.  This wouldn't be difficult to
write, I imagine.  I wouldn't want a whole new package or dependency for
this.  Log4j isn't going to add commons-lang as a dependency either.

Hmm... ;)

Yoav Shapira