commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject Re: [logging] Release Candidate Build of Commons Logging 1.0.4 Available
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2004 18:38:00 GMT
On 7 Mar 2004, at 18:16, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> I've tried out the release candidate that Craig has put together. Here
> are my comments and observations:

> - I get the following error when I run ant dist, on sources from
> cvs-HEAD. I've used jdk 1.4.2_03 on WinXP with ant 1.5.4, 1.6.0 and
> 1.6.1. Since Craig succeded in building a release candidate, I guess
> that there's something wrong at my end.
>   javadoc:
>       [mkdir] Created dir: C:\cvs\jakarta-commons\logging\dist
>       [mkdir] Created dir: C:\cvs\jakarta-commons\logging\dist\docs
>       [mkdir] Created dir: C:\cvs\jakarta-commons\logging\dist\docs\api
>     [javadoc] Generating Javadoc
>     [javadoc] Javadoc execution
>     [javadoc] javadoc: Illegal package name: "IS BASIS, WITHOUT
> WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See
> the License for the specific language governing permissions and
> limitations under the License.-->"

weird. what you can see is supposed to be an invisible footer giving
the license for the javadocs.

i've just tried to replicate using Standard Doclet version 1.4.2_03 on
macOSX but i get no problems. maybe i'll find time to fire up my linux
development box and see what happens on there.

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message