commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject Re: [jelly] improved tag self-documentation?
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:56:32 GMT
On 26 Mar 2004, at 23:13, Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> On 26-Mar-04, at 23:30 Uhr, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>> i quite like the generation of documentation for tab libraries. i
>> might even add some documentation about it (once i've mastered it ;).
> Robert, you're reaching the heaven of jelly mastery!
> Taglib-documentation is a part of wizardy that too little people have
> been entering thus far...

(if i have reached jelly nirvana, it is only through blindly stumbling
into there by accident. i fully expect to be forced to perform a long,
arduous and esoteric quest to regain the place again after being thrown
out by it's inhabitants...)

i've commit a short guide. i haven't regenerated the site on jakarta
(because i'm running a version of maven i rolled myself which does not
produce the standard commons look and feel).

>> whilst i've been looking into documenting the jaxme tags, it has
>> struck me that maybe custom tags might be a good way to mark things
>> such as those tags which are mandatory.
> You would need to add a x-doclet tag for this, or ?

not sure :)

i'd need to look into it. it's unlike i'll find time for this in the
immediate future but i'll try to come back to this later.

>> i think that it might also be useful to ignore the @return tag when
>> the description is compiled (since it probably doesn't read too
>> well).
> Try it... I wonder wether it doesn't make sense to summarize these
> kind of observations into a file... just as a draft.

probably the best place for such a file would on the wiki - but the
commons wiki needs to be moved to the new wiki sometime soon. a job for
another day :)

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: