commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] basic JAXB/jaxme tag library
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:56:20 GMT

On 4-Mar-04, at 23:43 Uhr, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> 1. i can either submit this as a patch or just go ahead and commit.

I'd go ahead and commit...

> 2. the marshaling and unmarshalling tags only depend on the JaxMe
> clean-room JAXB API implementation and so could (potentially) be used
> with any other implementation.

How about the jaxb API license ? Is it distributable ? I fear it's
probably the worst in terms of the dependencies, just like JAXP...
(plus you probably need the jaxp extensions like QName or namespace, or
?). Parts of this might be there if you managed to install the
dependencies for messenger...
These kind of horrible non-downloadable dependencies should be quite
cared about, I think!

> the generation tag is JaxMe specific. i could factor into two separate
> tag libraries JAXB and jaxme or just one.

Isn't JAXMe Apache ? Then I don't think it's a problem... do it in one
taglib...

> 3. i need to sort out the uploading of the last jaxme release into the
> apache repository.
> any opinions about the right solutions?

And if you even can manage a "tour-de-force" like the famous "xml-apis"
to include jaxb and related, that would even be greater!

paul