commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [general] Book time - Pro Jakarta Commons
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:43:27 GMT
i think that struts ended up moving the links to resources such as
books offsite (http://struts.sourceforge.net/community/index.html).
AIUI the issue was mainly that having the articles and books linked
from the official site was a kind of official endorsement. i also
recall that the issue of links on the vendors page has caused heated
discussions on the general list in the past.  a community/resources
project on sourceforge would also have a lower barrier to participation
so maybe it's one thing we should at least consider.

as far as the news goes, book and articles links have appeared in the
past but only very infrequently. i'm not aware of any pmc policy about
the content of news. so i suspect that it would escape a veto. speaking
purely personally, i'd think carefully before committing news which
some people may take as an endorsement of a particular commercial
product. i think that links to new books and articles on jakarta is
useful but tacit endorsements of particular products is a little bit of
a sensitive subject. maybe raising this subject on general would be a
good idea.

- robert