commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [net] [vote] Release Commons-Net 1.2
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:14:29 GMT
Steve Cohen wrote:

>It is an
>attempt to raise the default success rate of using listFiles() out of the box
>from maybe 90% to 98%, by autodetecting other cases,

>I don't think we'll ever hit 100%.  FTP is too
>loosely specced for that to happen.

I am complete with you. And i know, that it cant be 100% perfect at any
time.
I will see if i can find an IIS to have a look at it.
I just think that this kind of server is in use, and maybe not too less
- not everyone might easily change this flag.
If it is not possible to decide this by SYST (as i said, i will have a
look at it), than the fallback to Unix should be handeled directly
within the NT Parser (if match() else ....) - i dont meant to implement
a generic fallback.

-- Mario