commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Luehe <Jan.Lu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: is anyone supporting commons-EL?
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2004 00:39:20 GMT
Jan Luehe wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, John Casey wrote:
>
>  > > I asked a question a couple of days ago regarding unit tests (or the
>  > > lack thereof) in commons-EL. I have received no response, which I
>  > > could understand if it just got lost among the other EL-related
>  > > traffic. But I have yet to see even one more email related to EL,
>  > > and I'm just wondering: is EL defunct? Who is managing this project?
>  >
>  > As far as I am aware, there are no unit tests. As for the "entry
>  > point", which you referred to in your earlier message, you'll find
>  > that very well documented in Part II of the JSP 2.0 spec. Commons-EL
>  > is, after all, an implementation of that API, as noted on the home
>  > page.
>  >
>  > There isn't a lot of activity on this component at the moment, as you
>  > have noticed. Projects at Apache don't have managers per se, just
>  > contributors,
>  > and I think it would be safe to say the the EL contributors right now
>  > are busy with other stuff. ;-) That said, your previous message was
>  > just yesterday, and not everyone checks these lists every day.
>  > Patience is a virtue. ;-)
>
> Just to confirm what Martin said: There currently aren't any unit tests
> for commons-el.

I didn't want to give the impression that commons-el has not been
tested at all.

There are a large number of JSP 2.0 spec compliance
tests covering the EL. These tests are available to any J2EE licensee.

I agree it would be useful to provide additional unit tests in the
commons-el module itself.

Thanks,

Jan