commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Luehe <Jan.Lu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: is anyone supporting commons-EL?
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:55:40 GMT
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, John Casey wrote:

 > > I asked a question a couple of days ago regarding unit tests (or the
 > > lack thereof) in commons-EL. I have received no response, which I
 > > could understand if it just got lost among the other EL-related
 > > traffic. But I have yet to see even one more email related to EL,
 > > and I'm just wondering: is EL defunct? Who is managing this project?
 >
 > As far as I am aware, there are no unit tests. As for the "entry
 > point", which you referred to in your earlier message, you'll find
 > that very well documented in Part II of the JSP 2.0 spec. Commons-EL
 > is, after all, an implementation of that API, as noted on the home
 > page.
 >
 > There isn't a lot of activity on this component at the moment, as you
 > have noticed. Projects at Apache don't have managers per se, just
 > contributors,
 > and I think it would be safe to say the the EL contributors right now
 > are busy with other stuff. ;-) That said, your previous message was
 > just yesterday, and not everyone checks these lists every day.
 > Patience is a virtue. ;-)

Just to confirm what Martin said: There currently aren't any unit tests
for commons-el.

Also, this module is not defunct, it's just that there have not been
any bug fixes since its 1.0 release.

commons-el represents an implementation of the JSP 2.0 Expression
Language, which is defined in the javax.servlet.jsp.el package of the
jakarta-servletapi-5/jsr152 module.

The commons-el.jar distribution is bundled with Tomcat 5, which
complies with JSP 2.0.

Jan