commons-dev mailing list archives

From "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>
Subject thoughts on subversion (was - Re: xdocs/ missing?)
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:36:25 GMT
Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> What are our thoughts on migrating to subversion? I've not even had time
> to try it out myself. Though I have it on my list.

I've been using it at work for about 6 months and I like it a lot.
Being able to easily move and rename directories and files is very cool.
They seemed to focus on fixing CVS' weaknesses and it looks like they
did a good job.  It took about a day to get used to, and from then on it
felt natural.

I recently switched my home server over to Subversion and had some
problems getting the integration with Apache2 working, but it didn't
really matter since I prefer the svn+ssh method anyway.