commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [common-build]
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:17:26 GMT
Yes, thats what I meant by the second item on the list. It was unclear
to me if we had achieved consistency across all the sub-project
navigation.xml docs at this point.

Some thoughts:

a.) Approach I was advocating was to use commons-site.jsl to control
navigation creation and ordering so that includes did not need to be
present in individual projects.

b.) approach I believe your working on uses dtd includes directly into
navigation.xmls of subprojects.

c.) Currently we have a hybrid of these two approaches, 1.) Includes
into each navigation.xml 2.) enforcement on ordering in commons-site.jsl

Is this what we want? Can it be made more transparent to the
sub-projects by not using includes at that level?

[X] stable top level navigation.
[ ] agreed includes in all subproject sites (single include strategy).
[ ] backup of current toplevel site.
[ ] fresh rebuild and publish of mavenized top-level site (under
jakarta.apache.org/commons).
[ ] fresh rebuild and publish of all sub-project sites.

-Mark

Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Looks good, although I thought that we now had a single include strategy for
> subprojects.
>
> Stephen

Mark Diggory
Software Developer