commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject [common-build]
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2004 19:02:16 GMT
Whats our current status on the the top level site? I think its obvious
that we have at reached a LCD (least common denominator) on the
navigation for the time being. So I'm going to break down things into a
list of steps to get through for migration of the "commons" toplevel to
the mavenized site.

[X] stable top level navigation.
[ ] agreed includes in all subproject sites.
[ ] backup of current toplevel site.
[ ] fresh rebuild and publish of mavenized top-level site.
[ ] fresh rebuild and publish of all sub-project sites.

I think its important to get the top-level site in place fist before
verifying all the lower level sites are correctly rendered, this is
because all links currently lead back to
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons and it difficult to do things like
link checking because the old site always ends up in the navigation stream.

On that note, do we have any solid "linkchecking" tools available to
verify the integrity of the site?

-Mark Diggory

--
Mark Diggory