commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nacho Gonzalez <na...@arnet-es.com>
Subject validator & inheritance
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:10:36 GMT
Here is the aproach I was thinking of. I beleive there should only be
changes in no more than 2 classes and 1 file:

validator.dtd:    <!ATTLIST form    name         CDATA #REQUIRED
                                                      extends      CDATA
#IMPLIED >

org.apache.commons.validator.Form (or Bean if it gets changed) should
reflect the change in the dtd and a pointer to the Form it extends (this
could probably be set int the formSet.process(Map) while iterating the
forms of the formSet)

The methods getFields() and getFieldMap() should include
super.getFields() and super.getFieldMap() making them Unmodifiable after
merging.

The only restriction would be that the extended form should belong to
the formSet but this definetely makes sense!

If this makes sense to you, then I am willing to do it (as well as any
other necessary changes). If it doesn't make any sense, then I am
willing to contribute as I beleive this could be a great improvement.

Nacho G. Mac Dowell