commons-dev mailing list archives

From "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VFS] test server
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:15:31 GMT
>>Beside this: my base question was where is the maintainer of VFS?
>>
>>i have a couple of patches added to bugzilla which needs discussion
>>too - and hopefully get committed sometimes.
>
> The "maintainer" is this Community.  I haven't been paying too much
> attention, but it seems that there is continued interest in VFS lately.
> Several of the folks participating in the discussion are Committers.
> Hopefully, some of the Committers have interest in at least reviewing and
> applying your patches.
>
> Let's see if we can find some Committers to review and apply your patches,
> and let you work into Committer status.  If not, we'll cross that bridge
> when we come to it.

I'd be more than willing to commit patches -- but the same problem
remains that Gary stated originally.  The test environment is difficult
to set up, and we need an easier way.

Mario -- perhaps you could write a small doc that explains what is
needed to set up the test environment.  If it isn't too complicated, I
can attempt to set it up on my home machine (SuSe 9), then test and
apply your patches.