commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] test server
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:15:18 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>The Linux instance within an UML on the GUMP Server is not available
>>through the internet for the public, right?
>>

>I would not expect that you would want it to be exposed.

This is my conviction too.

>... except for ssh for those who need access to the machine.

For sure, for the committers this should be possible to configure the
servers running inside.

>"Everyone" who had a linux box running UML could grab the test-system image,
>and test.

Voila! This is great. The image should kept small, but this could be done.

If the others in this discussion do have the same opinion, we could move
forward and discuss which software to use for the daemons.

1) http://now.ohah.net/en/User_Mode_Linux
    Here we will find a (very) short description on how to setup UML on
the host
2) http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/dl-fs-sf.html
    Some ready-made rootfs. Maybe the Debian-3.0 might be a good
starting point?

Mario