commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [Pool] Logging what's going on...
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:14:04 GMT
The idea was to let the pool fire pool events and then a listener
could log or otherwise react on changes in the pool size.
The implementation was stopped because commons-collection was
implemention an event framework (currently in the sandbox)
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/events/

But maybe it is easier to build the pool event system from scratch.
It would be a welcome addition.

A short term solution is of course to subclass and simply add some
logging datatment to the borrow/return methods.

-- Dirk