commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] test server
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:03:38 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>Just as a thought, is this something that could run under User-Mode Linux on
>the new GUMP server when it is installed?  Is this something that you would
>want to add to automated tests under GUMP?

The Linux instance within an UML on the GUMP Server is not available
through the internet for the public, right?

Then we could
1) Adding the server configuration to VFS
(so everyone is able to setup such a test-system "at home")

2) Using such a GUMP Server for regular automated tests

Having both should be good enough.

Beside this: my base question was where is the maintainer of VFS?
We are discussing about test-server and i have a couple of patches added
to bugzilla which needs discussion too - and hopefully get committed
sometimes.
But who should decide what to do if we have no maintainer?

I am willing to support VFS for a while.
e.g. next thing to do is to add tests for my new additions (rename,
file-write append mode, ...) after this the internal caching should be
enhanced.
Currently this is a memory eater if you use a single FileSystemManager
in you application.
As i am familiar with Linux, i could also help in getting this
test-server up.

Mario