commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Davey <>
Subject Re: [VFS] test server
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:57:16 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:

> matthew.hawthorne wrote:
>> Maybe we could use well-known download servers to test HTTP and FTP
>> stuff, such as ibiblio or
>> The tests could download something like README.txt from a linux
>> distro folder or something.
> Yes, this is something i thought too, but i think we need read/write
> access (create files, dirs, set last mod time, file attributes ...)
> So i think starting with configuration files to setup a local test
> system is a good idea, if we exactly know what we want, we could try
> to find a public vfs test server.
> But how public should/could this server be?
> Missuse as file-sharing point for some illegal material will be
> possible then.

I'd go back to the point about the server being rebuilt every night.  I
think it would at least be worth asking Infrastructure about this - they
probably have a very good idea about how difficult it would be to
achieve what we want, and how long it might take to set up.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message