commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] test server
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:51:36 GMT
matthew.hawthorne wrote:

> Maybe we could use well-known download servers to test HTTP and FTP
> stuff, such as ibiblio or freshrpms.net?
> The tests could download something like README.txt from a linux distro
> folder or something.

Yes, this is something i thought too, but i think we need read/write
access (create files, dirs, set last mod time, file attributes ...)

So i think starting with configuration files to setup a local test
system is a good idea, if we exactly know what we want, we could try to
find a public vfs test server.
But how public should/could this server be?
Missuse as file-sharing point for some illegal material will be possible
then.

Ciao,
Mario