commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Davey <Michael.Da...@coderage.org>
Subject Re: [VFS] test server
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:39:19 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:

> What if we start by adding various configuration files to VFS to start
> up your own test-server.
>
> The configuration files should be based on:
> 1) Apache 2.0 (for http and webdav)
> 2) Samba 3.0 (for smb)
> 3) openssh 3.7 (for sftp)
> 4) vsftpd (for ftp) (well any other ftpd would do it too)

(i've changed the bullet points to a numbered list)

I'd prefer to see an independant test server set up, but lets take a
look at this.  For http, we could
write a very simple class that provides an http listener thread and
returns the appropriate test file
when requested. I'm sure I have some sample code somewhere that does
just this.  How difficult
would it be to do the same for 2, 3 and 4 (I don't know)?  Then, the
test classes could create the
mini-servers during testing and destroy them afterwards.

--
Michael