commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Davey <Michael.Da...@coderage.org>
Subject [VFS] test server (was: Re: [VFS] Maintainer)
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:50:33 GMT
Gary Gregory wrote:

>I fiddle with it once in a while as we'd like to use it in our product.
>Understand that testing VFS properly is a pain as one needs to set up a
>WWW server, FTP server, etc.

Perhaps we could investigate the possibility of having a VFS test server
set up
permanently - that way users could run the tests using their own builds
against
the test server.

I guess it wouldn't have to be a powerful server.  If the entire disk
image was
no more than 600MB, we could even burn a backup to CD and get the system
to rebuild itself periodically to address security concerns.

--
Michael