commons-dev mailing list archives

From Harish Krishnaswamy <hkrishnasw...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [Hivemind] ServiceImplementationFactory - no Exception (?)
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 03:34:54 GMT
Not throwing an exception is a conscious decision. HiveMind is a
microkernal to be thought of as a servlet container - it loads all
modules at startup and any problems with the descriptors will be
identified and logged at load time but will continue to run. I can see
an exception being thrown at load time when there is a problem but
certainly disagree with the idea of throwing exceptions at runtime. If a
service is not loaded properly you have two options - don't care or fix
it and reload it!

-Harish