commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject [convert]conversion with default values
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 07:29:22 GMT
I created a patch in bugzilla (bug ID 27639) that implements a
conversion that supports default values if either null values are to be
converted or a conversion causes an exception. This conversion and its
corresonding conversion factory are implemented as decorators so they
can be attached to arbitrary other conversions.

To get a better understanding for the convert2 codebase I tried to write
a simple Object to Integer conversion. I ended up with a base class for
conversions from Object to arbitrary types, which should simplify
construction of concrete conversions and their factories. I think now I
understand what you meant by "support of inheritence without bothering
the registry". These base classes and the Object to Integer conversion
classes are also in the patch file. I hope this is useful.

Oliver