commons-dev mailing list archives

From "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all][site] Site menu proposal
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 01:20:59 GMT
After looking at the example at
http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/commons-site/dbcp, I think it would be
better if the
"Commons DBCP" and "Project Documentation" sections were on top.  I
think this is similar to what Mark said.
A nice divider between the project links and commons links would be nice
also.

My problem with the current layout is that too much emphasis is being
placed on the "common" commons links,
and because of this the links for the actual project are lost in the
mix.  If I go to the DBCP site, seeing the Javadoc
for this project is a lot more important to me than seeing a list of all
Jakarta Commons sandbox components.

And, unless the main commons and sandbox pages are including the same
entity that the Maven navigation file is,
all of those links have to be maintained in two places.  I've only built
and deployed the commons site once, but
this just seems like a hassle to me -- things will get out of sync too
easily.

The majority has always expressed an overwhelming desire to see every
project linked in the side navigation, I
continue to disagree with this.  To me, these links just aren't vital
information to an individual project's docs, 2
clicks instead of 1 isn't a big deal.