commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tim O'Brien <tobr...@discursive.com>
Subject Re: [general] Book time - Pro Jakarta Commons
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2004 18:43:41 GMT
I hear Robert's concerns loud and clear.  I think that too often people
expect the ASF to be the "community" around a particular codebase -
nothing discourages or encourages anyone from creating a site that lists
relevant books, articles, and documentation.

We should not only follow the lead of Struts, but the lead of the HTTPD
group.  There are scores of books about the Apache web server, both by
individuals involved with the community and by others - I don't believe
you will find a page that mentions any of these books on ASF sites.

I think it is a good policy to keep ASF neutral when it comes to
companies, publishers, books, articles, etc.  If it doesn't specifically
to the code - put it somewhere else.

Tim