commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <dennis.lundb...@mdh.se>
Subject Re: [logging] Release Candidate Build of Commons Logging 1.0.4 Available
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2004 18:16:42 GMT
I've tried out the release candidate that Craig has put together. Here
are my comments and observations:

- Robert: the userguide was not included in 1.0.3, but it has been in
the nightlies for a while.

- SimpleLog now works like a charm in an applet-environment.

- By intentionally misconfiguring commons-logging I was able to try the
new exception handling in LogFactoryImpl. It looks really good. The
message in 1.0.4-rc1 is so much better than in 1.0.3.

- Please add the 1.0.4 release to xdocs/index.xml

- I get the following error when I run ant dist, on sources from
cvs-HEAD. I've used jdk 1.4.2_03 on WinXP with ant 1.5.4, 1.6.0 and
1.6.1. Since Craig succeded in building a release candidate, I guess
that there's something wrong at my end.
   javadoc:
       [mkdir] Created dir: C:\cvs\jakarta-commons\logging\dist
       [mkdir] Created dir: C:\cvs\jakarta-commons\logging\dist\docs
       [mkdir] Created dir: C:\cvs\jakarta-commons\logging\dist\docs\api
     [javadoc] Generating Javadoc
     [javadoc] Javadoc execution
     [javadoc] javadoc: Illegal package name: "IS BASIS, WITHOUT
WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the
License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations
under the License.-->"
     [javadoc] Loading source files for package
org.apache.commons.logging...
     [javadoc] Loading source files for package
org.apache.commons.logging.impl...
     [javadoc] 1 error

- Should PROPOSAL.html be removed now? There is a proposal.xml in xdocs.

- How do we update currentVersion in project.xml? Craig seems to be
looking for a solution.

- Should we change the default in maven.xml from "java:jar" to
"jar:jar". The former seems to be deprecated.

--
Dennis Lundberg