commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject [collections] Yipes, I need Regexp based get on a Map
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 17:05:38 GMT
I'm trying to put together a lookup mechanism that is regular expression
based. For example

Map map = ...;

Bar bar = new Bar();

map.put("^http://foo.bar*",bar);

Bar bar2 = (Bar)map.get("http://foo.bar/bam");

get("...") would return the bar object. Of course, this could match
multiple values, as such get("...") could return the first value
encountered or a Collection of all the matches encountered.

Collection bars = (Collection)map.get("http://foo.bar/bam");
Iterator iter = bars.iterator();
Bar bar2 = (Bar)iter.next();

Any ideas on how I can throw this together using Commons Collections as
a basis? I can live with just >=j2sdk1.4 compatibility. Is this
something Commons Collections would like to have available?

-Mark
--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer