commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Standard DOM ?
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:25:33 GMT
The classes that load configuration data from XML files internally all
make use of dom4j. I am not sure what you mean with support for w3c DOM.

There is a class named ConfigurationXMLDocument that allows to treat a
Configuration object as a source of SAX events. IIRC this class also has
a method that converts a Configuration into a w3c document, but under
the hood it also uses dom4j.

Unfortunately the ConfigurationXMLDocument class has been accidently
dropped when [configuration] moved from sandbox to proper. There is a
patch pending that adds this class again. If you are interested in this
class, you can have a look in CVS view:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons-sandbox/configuration/src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/Attic/ConfigurationXMLDocument.java?view=markup

Hope that helps.
Oliver

Jörg Schaible schrieb:
> Hi folks,
>
> looking into the API I've just seen the HierarchicalDOM4JConfig and I wondered, if there
is also support for the w3c DOM?