commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [all] Which website entity?
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:46:27 GMT
I did alot of tweeking this morning, I changed over the navigation.xml
files we change to use your dtd inclusion, I added another entity called
common-menus that just has all the ones we want in place, all commons
projects have the commons-site.jsl referenced in thier
project.properties as:

maven.xdoc.jsl=../commons-build/commons-site.jsl

You may have already been building with it unknowingly, there a re very
small differences between it and Mavens default site.jsl, as I took a
copy of it and hardcoded the css styles and fixed soem of the menu
ordering code (which was broken).

-Mark

Dirk Verbeeck wrote:
> As long as the result is the same I don't really care much about exactly
> how it is done, I'll going to experiment with the commons-site.jsl
> solution more this weekend.
>
> -- Dirk
>
> Mark R. Diggory wrote:
>
>> As a plausable solution, rebuilding the
>> commons-build/xdocs/navigation.xml and commons-build/navi_incl.xml
>> document to draw its contents from the menu "ent" files. Set the types
>> of the "about menu" to "header" and the rest to "footer". These
>> attributes are used in the commons-site.jsl to separate the rendering
>> of the navigation menus as so:
>>
>> <jsl:applyTemplates select="$nav/body/menu[@type='header']"/>
>> <jsl:applyTemplates select="$nav/body/menu[not(@type)] |
>> $nav/body/search"/>
>> <jsl:applyTemplates select="$projectNav/body/menu"/>
>> <jsl:applyTemplates select="$nav/body/menu[@type='footer']"/>
>>

>> This means that any menu of type "header" comes before "no type" or
>> search, which comes before the type footer.
>>
>> This means that it doesn't matter the order for which they are added
>> to the navigation.xml as entities and they can even be added to the
>> navigation.xml as one entity and still show up either above or below
>> the various project navigation and menu items added by the project.
>>
>> -Mark

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center