commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <>
Subject Re: [jelly] improved tag self-documentation?
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:13:52 GMT

On 26-Mar-04, at 23:30 Uhr, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> i quite like the generation of documentation for tab libraries. i
> might even add some documentation about it (once i've mastered it ;).

Robert, you're reaching the heaven of jelly mastery!
Taglib-documentation is a part of wizardy that too little people have
been entering thus far...

> whilst i've been looking into documenting the jaxme tags, it has
> struck me that maybe custom tags might be a good way to mark things
> such as those tags which are mandatory.

You would need to add a x-doclet tag for this, or ?

> i think that it might also be useful to ignore the @return tag when
> the description is compiled (since it probably doesn't read too well).

Try it... I wonder wether it doesn't make sense to summarize these kind
of observations into a file... just as a draft.

> the description element from the project.xml is used to for the main
> page for each tag project but often these are very short and
> unhelpful. i'd say that it'd be a good improvement if these were gone
> through and lengthier, more descriptive paragraphs added.

Oh, that's of interest!
Welll... that's another bit that would be really well in a kind of

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message