commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Rubier <>
Subject Re: [HiveMind] multi-module classloader
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:44:55 GMT
On Monday March 1st 2004, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:

> John Rubier wrote:
> >I just wanted to post this in case anyone else was interested and to draw any criticism
about how this could mess something
> >up or trigger armageddon. It allows a list of hivemodule.xml locations to be defined
in a .property file.
> >I reason I wanted this was because I really wanted to split up the descriptors but
still wanted all the code in the same
> >Eclipse project.
> >
> >I realize now that I'm done that I could have used RegistryBuilder.processModule
from code but I learned more about the
> >enemy..err..classloaders this way.
> >
> >Also, I grabbed the latest cvs, but I can't find a maven target that actually compiles
code. It will build dist jars but
> >they have no code...?
> >

> The full-site should compile the code when it is modified. But I have
> had some problems with this too, so I do a clean-all and then full-site
> if code changes are not compiled. Apparently Howard is not happy with
> Maven and so adding new goals will have to come from someone else, I
> guess ;)
> -Harish
> >Take care,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It ended up being Maven that was the problem.
I tried a clean-all and full-site on my laptop and it worked fine. Trying it again here at
home it still wouldn't build (Jelly error). I ended up deleting the repository "plugins" and
the build works.

Many thanks,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: