commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject [All] Re: [HiveMind] Discuss: CVS or Subversion?
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2004 01:06:28 GMT
This is really a much wider discussion, since HiveMind is in the Commons
CVS repo, not its own. Either all of Commons would have to switch at the
same time (the sane approach, IMHO), or we'd have to agree to having both
CVS and SVN repos, with some projects in one, and the remainder in the
other (yuk!).

There was a thread on subversion on this list recently (subject: "thoughts
on subversion") where the respondents seemd to like the idea - but that
was a very small sample of the overall Commons committer base.

--
Martin Cooper

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:

> So, I'm trying to get back into the saddle on all this stuff.
>
> An immediate question is whether we should use CVS or Subversion for HiveMind.
>
> I installed the Eclipse Subversion plugin and it seems to be perfectly OK.
>
> I think it would be a great experiment (from my perspective) to trying Subversion; certainly,
I'm