commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: thoughts on subversion (was - Re: xdocs/ missing?)
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:05:14 GMT

Sorry I'm rushing out the door but the branching is cake.  It was
much more intuitive copying over the trunk for a branch and then
merging it back in than dealing with sticky tags in CVS.

On a more general note, I can't deal with CVS any more.  As I've told
Noel and others its like going back to dial up when you've already
tasted the speed and freedom of high speed.  That's perhaps the best
way I can look at it.

Again sorry about the general and brief response - there are other
great aspects I wanted to mention as well and others seem to be hitting
those points.

Hope we decide to make the move soon.

Alex