commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [codec] Requesting permission to work in commons sandbox
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:49:37 GMT
Hello,

I would like to request karma to the sandbox to present and document
these stateful decoder/encoder interfaces along with some proof of concept
work.  I'm already an Avalon committer and work on the directory project.
I could just keep this stuff in the directory project's jira but don't feel
I'm doing it justice there :-).

I have already implemented several decoders in the incubator's directory
project in the past few days using these interfaces.  What I have to date
looks good - such decoders chain well together using callbacks.  There is
flexibility and a single callback could technically handle an entire chain.
These findings I would like to document.

However others like Brett and Noel still have opinions but I think we're
close to an agreement.  Perhaps through examples and use cases presented
in the commons-sandbox we can reach some sort of consensus and move the
code to codec proper.

Alex