commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: RE: [codec] StatefulDecoders
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:12:24 GMT
Brett,

> I apologise if I seem a little attached to my current implementation.

You're not the only one :-), I must appologise as well.  Hopefully we
can come to a satisfactory interface that works for everyone.  At this
point I would like to test the current interfaces with a couple of
decoder implementations to see if they're as easy to use as I think.

I'll share the results with you guys soon.  If you would like you
can track my activity here:

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=DIR-46

BTW this decoder is one part of the decoding process.  It decodes
binary streams of ASN.1 data using Basic Encoding Rules (BER) into
Tag Length Value (TLV) tuples.  These tuples will then be fed into
another decoder to build messages.  When I have the interaction
between the two decoders understood via this experiment I should
be able to explicity describe the strengths and weaknesses of my
interfaces.

Alex