commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject [dbutils] Bean Handling
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 02:38:45 GMT
The factoring of bean processing in DbUtils doesn't feel right to me.
BasicRowProcessor is overwhelmed by support methods for bean conversions.
We needed more flexibility with column to property matching so we created
the ColumnProcessor interface causing bean handling to be split across
multiple classes.

My proposal is to move all BasicColumnProcessor methods and bean related
BasicRowProcessor methods to a new class called BeanProcessor that would
be solely responsible for bean handling.  Then we would remove the
ColumnProcessor interface and BasicColumnProcessor class as they haven't
been released yet.  BeanProcessor would use the Template Method pattern so
subclasses could override methods like mapColumnsToProperties() with
custom implementations.

Comments?

David