commons-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: [Configuration] IniFile
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:07:31 GMT
The "ini" format is also used by Gnome/KDE ( and quite a few other
non-windows programs ), so I preffer the first.

Regarding key representation - why would you use [section_name]keyName ???
Never seen this pattern - in any config API I ever used.

Could you just use the same pattern ( and API ) that is used in java
util.pref ?

BTW, IMO the correct naming would also include the file name ( minus
prefix ), since it's common practice to have multiple ini files. If the
class is initialized with a directory name, it could use this to support
multiple ini files ( like is the case for gnome / kde ).

Costin