commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: [codec] StatefulDecoders
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 06:51:59 GMT
Tim, Ryan,

Thanks for the endorsement and plans for getting the interfaces into
commons codec.  BTW I have actually started using these interfaces
with a high performance low operational footprint decoder for
BER encoded ASN.1 streams.  The decoder will actually be
chained with another higher level decoder to implement the
Sample Neufeld decoding algorithm used by SNACC.  Snickers
(a SNACC replacement :-)), which is currently under the incubator
will use these decoders.

They're not presenting any problems for me yet.  I have a good
feeling for them in their present state, however I still have
some reading that Noel recommended I complete.  I'll let you know
how things progress as the decoders and encoders come along.

> > intuitive asynchronous interfaces for client usage.  I'd also like to
> > request the analogous interfaces on the Encoder side.

With respect to the interfaces for encoders I don't think we
have a symmetric situation where the same interface patterns can
be applied - not that you're suggesting this Ryan.  Just
my first inclination was to apply the same patterns but this may
not be necessary - thinking out loud.  I'll try to (and have to)
explore the possibilities on the encoding side soon. I will get back
to the list with any ideas on this front.  I'm interested in any
recommendations as well.

Alex