commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <>
Subject Re: [all][site] Site menu proposal
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 03:34:50 GMT
IMO, all links for the current project should be listed first in the left
nav.  As a user, my main goal is to navigate the current project and
secondary goal is to look at other commons projects.  It's confusing to
put some links at the top and some at the bottom.

The left nav should never change when you're navigating through commons
project sites.  This means I'm not a big fan of the collapsable sections
because only one section can be open at a time and the navigation changes
depending on what project you're viewing.  In general, I believe
consistency makes for easy to use web sites and fancy collapsable menus
leads to confusion.

I've talked to several users who find the commons site extremely confusing
and difficult to use.  Thanks for working on a solution!