commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Batch Update
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:00:56 GMT
I haven't used batch updates so I'm assuming that the addBatch() call adds
a set of replacement parameters for one sql statement.  The same sql is
executed many times with different sets of values?

I'm fine with adding this to query runner but executeBatch() is marked as
@since 1.3 so we would need to bump DbUtils' minimum Java level.  I would
shorten the method name to batch() so we would have query(), update() and
batch() and of course some test cases are needed.

Please create a bugzilla enhancement ticket and attach patches to it.

David