commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: [digester] patch to keep stack of matched rules [also: Mixed Content support]
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 08:01:22 GMT
On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 18:37, Craig McClanahan wrote:
> Simon Kitching wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Here's a simple patch that I think would make digester more efficient,
> >by avoiding unnecessary calls to rules.getMatch().
> >
> I like the idea in general, but would ask one favor ... could you try
> the modified code with Tomcat and/or Struts as well?  I don't think our
> unit tests cover some of the interdependencies -- not that this patch
> looks like it would break anything, but I just like to make sure we're
> not messing up two primary customer projects.

I downloaded tomcat 5.0.19, and did a search for "*digester*".
There was only one hit: server/lib/commons-digester.jar

I replaced that lib with one built with the proposed patch, and Tomcat
ran fine.

I also searched for "struts.jar", and found the "admin" webapp contained
it and is therefore presumably a struts-based webapp. So I used the
admin app a bit, and it also worked fine.

One question, though: according to the RELEASE-NOTES file, only libs in
common/lib and shared/lib are made available to webapps. But the "admin"
webapp doesn't bundle a copy of commons-digester.jar, so I don't
understand where it is getting its digester functionality from...

Regards,

Simon