commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject [digester] @author tag tidyup
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:05:58 GMT
Hi,

We had a discussion about author tags a while ago. The general consensus
was that individuals should no longer be listed in these tags [NB: not
an official vote]. I think this is now also apache policy?

Robert Donkin suggested using them to credit "the commons team", with
the benefit that a link would lead back to apache.

I see that these tags have started appearing in Betwixt:

 * @author <a href='http://jakarta.apache.org/'>Jakarta Commons Team</a>

I'm happy with this; the line length is 73 chars, so it fits nicely
within an 80-char line without wrapping and seems useful.

Does anyone have any objections if I replace all the existing @author
tags in digester with this? I have already copied all author info into
the project.xml file...

[NB: I might make it "The Jakarta Commons Team" for grammatical reasons
:-]

Regards,

Simon