commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject [digester] plugins patch - how best to post for review?
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:36:24 GMT
Hi,

I've got a significant patch ready for Digester's plugins module.

It refactors the existing code that currently locates the dynamic rules
for a plugin into a Strategy pattern with a number of predefined
strategies matching the old code.

The patch also fixes a number of outstanding issues, particularly to do
with hard-wired xml attribute names.

I'm wondering what the best thing to do with all this is.
Posting the diffs to the list will be real ugly.

As I'm the only developer currently working on the plugins stuff, and it
has never been in an official release, I think it might be easiest if I
just define a tag (so we have a point of comparison and a rollback
option) then commit my changes to the plugins package. Is this ok with
everyone? If so, any suggestions on tag naming?

I'm still a few days away from being ready 100% ready, so no rush..

Regards,

Simon