commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] Release Candidate Build of Commons Logging 1.0.4 Available
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2004 22:22:52 GMT
Quoting Dennis Lundberg <dennis.lundberg@mdh.se>:

> After some fiddling with the build.xml file I managed to build the
> javadocs. The problem seems to be related to the " characters. First I
> tried to make them into html entities, but that didn't work. Then I
> tried escaping them with backslash and that seems to do the trick.

I tried this as well.  Unfortunately, it causes the backslashes to be carried
through to the output, which (although it doesn't mess up any semantics) looks
really bad.

For what it's worth, I built the release bundle (from the files tagged with
LOGGING_1_0_4_RC1) on Linux (RH 9.0), JDK 1.4.2_03, Ant 1.5.4 (with its
embedded copy of Xerces), with no problems.

Craig