commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Resources] Presence vs. contrib
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 22:44:10 GMT
Quoting James Mitchell <jmitchell@apache.org>:

> I'm not sure how you want to handle the tests that require a database
> configuration and connection (??Craig??).  They run fine for me with a
> simple mysql install.

How about if we create a test dependency on hsqldb (or some equivalent embedded
SQL database with a JDBC driver)?  Since it runs in the same process, it could
be managed pretty much like any other test.

> As far as building/dist-ing, Maven is giving me fits.  I am fighting with
> Maven to get it to do what I need (per last discussion about distributions
> and struts plugins, etc), but I'm just not that familiar with it.

I'm glad someone else is cutting their teeth on Maven building so I can just
benefit from their experience when it's done :-).

> I'm not complaining about Maven specifically, I just hate feeling stupid
> with this or any neat tool ;)
>
> Much like the discussions/arguments about jsp vs. velocity, Maven might be
> cool and might even be more powerful than Ant, but I am just not as
> knowledgable with Maven as I am with Ant build scripts.
>
> I'm going to move them to the main src directory, but I will need some
> assistence getting the tests to pass.
>

> --
> James Mitchell
> EdgeTech, Inc.