commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: [digester] Tomcat4 and sun outage
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:49:39 GMT
On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 10:42, Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> I'm noticing difficulty in starting up my tomcat servers, that seems to
> arise in the digester. I suspect this is caused by the digester having
> difficulty acquiring the dtd due to the Sun site being down? Does anyone
> have any tips on localizing the the dtd referenced here?

Is the problem with your custom code which uses digester, or with code
*inside tomcat*?

I find it hard to believe that tomcat itself would require live internet
connection to parse its own config files; that problem would have been
found fairly quickly :-)

What clues lead you to think the problem is to do with retrieving a
remote DTD?

The exception listed below (NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/servlet/ServletException) suggests to me a ClassLoader issue
rather than a connectivity issue...

Regards,

Simon