commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] rule that constructs a non-bean from parameters
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:42:28 GMT
On 11 Mar 2004, at 23:03, Simon Kitching wrote:

<snip>

> Personally, I think that anyone writing code to access package-private
> methods of Digester should expect their code to break with later
> releases...

the usual rules are a bit different here (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/versioning.html). i'm a big
believer in backwards compatibility. one of the reasons why jakarta
commons has been successful is that there has been continuity and
compatibility. but this would certainly be a option for a digester 2.0.

- robert