commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hlshipli...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: [HiveMind] nested schemas
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:28:44 GMT
The act of assigning an id to a <schema> is, in effect, a promise on the part of the
developer that
the <schema> (and the Java objects assembled from contributions to that schema) are
stable enough
for others to reuse.

In the case that no id is provided, it may be an oversight, or it may be that the Java objects
are
not reusable.

Can you give me reasonable examples of why you think this change is necessary? To date, in
HiveMind,
everything really has been driven by real experience (generally, anti-patterns in other software,
but still).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components